Rosemary Oil is an essential oil extracted from an aromatic, evergreen herb found in the Mediterranean and Asia.
The oil contains myriads of beneficial ingredients, which includes but not limited to 1,8-cineole, alpha-pinene, and camphor.
Due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, analgesic, and expectorant properties, Rosemary Essential Oil is found to be effective for a number of health benefits, which we shall be discussing next in this article.
ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL SKIN AND HAIR BENEFITS
Multiple studies reveal that rosemary oil plays a significant role in the human skin and hair, some of which are summarized below:
1. It Reduces Acne
Rosemary oil contains potent natural astringents that can help reduce that ugly acne on your skin.
All you need do is to mix the oil with a carrier oil, apply on your face, and then clean with warm towel after 15 to 20 minutes.
Repeat this daily, until you get satisfactory results.
2. It Reduces Cellulite
Cellulite is a very common skin condition characterized by uneven, lumpy skin on the hips, thighs, breasts, abdomen, or buttocks region.
This harmless skin condition is usually caused by fat buildup underneath the skin, and the degree at which it will be noticeable is hugely determined by your age, genes, body fat percentage, and other related factors.
On the plus side, Rosemary oil contains some properties that can help eliminate toxins from the body and boost blood circulation, both of which reduces the appearance of cellulite on the skin.
To use the oil for cellulite, just mix rosemary oil and olive oil [2 teaspoon each] and massage on your skin regularly.
3. It Helps In Fading Aging signs
This oil helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and many other blemishes on the skin.
To use it for this purpose, just mix the oil with a few teaspoon of coconut oil, and then massage directly on the affected skin.
4. It Treats Inflammatory Skin Conditions
Rosemary essential oil contains strong anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation, redness and symptoms associated with eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
To treat Inflammatory Skin Conditions with Rosemary, dilute six drops of rosemary oil in two tablespoon of shea butter and apply it on the affected area.
5. Other health benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tightens & Tones The Skin
- It Relieves skin congestion
- It gets rid of dead skin cells and removes blackheads
- Stimulates Hair Growth
- It strengthens the Immune system
- Promotes digestion
- It improves the respiratory activity
HOW TO USE ROSEMARY OIL FOR SKIN TIGHTENING
I. Using Rosemary Oil for Moisturizing the Skin
- Get a small pan and melt half cup of Shea butter over low heat.
- Take it off the heat and place in a clean bowl.
- Let it cool slightly and put inside a freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour 15 drops of lavender oil, five drops of rosemary oil, three drops of a tea tree oil and three drops of carrot seed oil.
- After that, whip the mixture for one minute, and then transfer into a jar.
- Apply the solution regularly, until you get satisfactory results.
II. Using Rosemary Oil for Face Cleansing
- Get a glass bowl and break open 6 activated charcoal capsules over it.
- Pour a cup of coconut oil and two tablespoon of baking soda to the charcoal before mixing together.
- After that, pour five drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils, and then stir evenly.
- Lastly, pour the mixture inside a glass jar and cap with a lid.
- Once you want to use it, slather over damp skin and let it sit for one to two minutes.
- Next, wipe it away with a mildly warm washcloth.
III. Using Rosemary Oil for Stretch Marks
- Get a 60 ml dark glass or PET plastic bottle and mix Rosemary oil and any other essential oil together.
- After that, cap the bottle and shake very well for the ingredients to blend together.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Use it twice or thrice in a day.
HOW TO USE ROSEMARY OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
I. Using Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss
- Mix five drops of rosemary oil with one-quarter cup of olive oil and apply directly to your scalp.
- If you have a dry hair, massage your scalp with the mixture and wrap your head in a clean scarf.
- Leave the mixture on your scalp overnight and wash the following morning.
II. Using Rosemary Oil for Dandruff Control
- Mix six drops each of rosemary and tea tree oil with 60ml evening primrose oil.
- Massage the oil mixture on your scalp for 2 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
III. Using Rosemary Oil for Hair Strength and Resilience
- Get a small pan and melt both Coconut Oil and Castor Oil together for 1-2 minutes, on low heat.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix in the Rosemary Essential Oil, using a clean spoon.
- Now, using your fingertips, massage the oil mixture directly into your scalp.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes on your scalp, and then wash it off.
- Apply it once a week or once every 3 days.
IV. Using Rosemary Oil for Naturally Fortified Hair
- Get 8 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil, 6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil, 3 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil, and 50ml Sweet Almond Oil.
- After that, mix the entire oils together in a 50 ml dark glass or PET plastic bottle.
- Now, cap the bottle and slowly shake it so that the ingredients can mix evenly.
- To use, apply the solution on your hair and scalp. If you want higher distribution, you can brush or comb the oil through your hair.
- Use this serum daily or every two days, immediately after shower.
WHAT ARE THE CAUTIONS FOR ROSEMARY OIL?
Yes, Rosemary offers quite a number of health benefits. However, it is very important to let you know some of the side effects it comes with, some of which are summarized below.
- Applying the oil directly on your skin can lead to dermatitis. Therefore, it is recommend you dilute it or use it with a carrier oil before applying on your skin.
- Rosemary oil could trigger seizures for epileptic patients. Therefore, it is best you avoid using the oil if you are suffering from such health condition.
- Avoid using Rosemary oil if you have bleeding disorders. It can trigger bleeding or even bruising.
- Consuming large amounts of rosemary oil could increase the risk of miscarriage. Hence, it is recomended that pregnant and lactating women cut back on it.
OTHER BEST OILS FOR SKIN TIGHTENING AND HAIR GROWTH
- Argan Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Almond Oil
- Tea Tree Oil