The benefits of a toned legs and slim thighs can never be overemphasized.
To begin with, this helps to:
- Enhance your lower body strength
- Support your body and let you enjoy day to day activities
- Improve your body posture
- Burn more calories
- Build lean muscle
In addition to the above, it might interest you to know that multiple studies reveal that regular exercise can also help improve blood flow to the leg and thigh region for better functioning.
That being said, below are 9 best workouts for toned legs and slim thighs:
1. Single-Leg Dead Lift
- Stand with both legs hip-width apart. Hold a lightweight in both hands, with your palms facing your body and the weights resting on your thighs.
- Raise your right leg some inches off the floor to begin the move.
- After that, pivot forward from your hips, gently lower your torso directly towards the floor & stretch the weights down extremely close to your legs.
- Now, stretch your left leg back to your back until you’re able to create a T-shape with your body.
- Lastly, go back to the starting position slowly.
- Perform close to 15 reps.
- Alternate sides and repeat
2. Runner’s Lunge
- Stand with both feet together, and then take a big step forward with the right leg.
- Reach directly towards your right foot with the two hands and hinge a bit forward from your hips.
- Bend your knees into a low lunge. Make sure your right knee is lined up over the right ankle at the bottom of your lunge, and avoid extending your knee past the toes. Additionally, be sure that your left knee is pointing directly toward the ground.
- After that, press the weight into your right leg & push down via the right foot while standing up out of the lunge.
- Now, raise your left leg off the floor & straight up behind your hip. Be sure that your upper body maintains the hinged forward position while you stand, and that your back is straight, abs tight.
- Done with that? Balance for a count and then gently lower your back down into the lunge. If you find it difficult to stand on a leg, try to tap your left foot lightly on the ground behind you while standing up out of the lunge.
- Complete 15 reps on each side.
Expert Tip: While standing out of the lunge position, try focusing on a point on the ground in front of you. This will enhance balance at the top of the move.
3. Plié Squat
- Stand with both feet slightly wider than shoulder-width and your toes turned out.
- After that, gently bend your knees, lower your torso and keep your abs tight. Tuck your tailbone.
- Now, squeeze your glutes and return to standing positon.
- Complete 2 sets of 8-12 reps
- Stand with both feet shoulder-width apart and toes slightly pointing out.
- Stretch both arms. Be sure to keep your head up and straighten your back throughout the workout.
- Now, bend your hips and knees to lower your upper body.
- Keep doing this until the angle between your calves and upper leg is slightly lower than 90 degrees.
- After that, push off the floor by using your quads to go back to the starting position.
- Repeat this move till you get tired.
5. Glute Kickbacks
- Kneel down on the floor; extend your arms, shoulder-width apart and rectangular to your torso. Be sure that your hamstring and calves form a 90-degree angle throughout this workout.
- Raise your right leg until your hamstrings create a straight line with your back. Maintain this move for some seconds.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat with the left leg.
- Do this 10 times.
6. Side Lunge
- Stand with both feet together, and place both arms down by your sides.
- Take a big step to the side with your left foot, with your right leg still extended, and bend your left knee to push your hips just behind you.
- Let your back remain flat, look straight ahead, and stretch both arms on either side of your right foot, as you touch the floor with your fingertips.
- After that, push off your left leg and then shift the weight back into your opposite [right]foot, and try reaching your arms up to the ceiling.
- While doing that, bring the left leg across the front of your body, and then gently tap the left toes on the ground, slightly past our right leg. That’s a rep.
- Perform 15 reps on each leg.
7. Dumbbell Lunges
- To start with, position your torso in an upright position and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Take a big step forward using a leg until your thigh and shin is able to create a 90-degree angle (breathe in as you do this).
- Be sure to not place your knee in front of your toes.
- After that, gently push yourself back to the starting position (breathe out as you do this).
- Perform this 15 times
8. Elevated Lunge
- Stand a few feet in front of a step and try reaching your left foot back to place your toes on the bench and lift your heels.
- After that, bend your right knee and lower your body toward the ground until your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Should in case your right knee extends in front of your ankle as you lower, just move your right foot slightly forward.
- Now, start squeezing your glute, and press yourself back to start, with the weight in your right leg.
- Keep moving down and up until you complete the desired number of reps and alternate sides.
9. Single Leg Hamstring Bridge
- Lie on your back, bend your knees hip-distance apart and place your feet on the mat.
- Stretch one of your legs towards the ceiling.
- After that, squeeze your glutes and raise your off mat to a bridge position.
- Gently lower and raise your hips for your desired number of reps.
- Repeat using the opposite leg.