You might have caught yourself drooling over the perfectly strong and toned arms of one celebrity or the other and wishing you could have arms like that too.
Contrary to popular opinion, you do not need to have a personal gym filled to the brim with top of the line equipment or full membership to a state of the art gym.
You do not need the services of a personal trainer either; you can use the odds and ends around your home to help you have toned arms.
Although, if you want to tone all the muscles of your arm, you should employ the use of dumbbells to fully engage the deltoids, triceps, and biceps.
These exercises should be done every day if you want to see results quickly. You can’t expect to firm up your arm muscles if you just lift the dumbbells once in a blue moon.
The exercises require perseverance and determination as you will get to a point where you will feel like giving up. But if you push through the burn and keep on doing them, you will achieve your goal in no time.
Here are some workout techniques that will help you achieve toned arms:
10 Best Arm Toning Exercises to Get Sexy Arms Fast
This is an easy form of exercise that not only engages your arm muscles, your core, and abdomen muscles can also benefit from it. To do this exercise;
- Lay on your stomach and place your palms on the floor. Your legs and palms should be roughly shoulder-width apart.
- Use your arms to lift your body until they are fully extended, making sure that your body is straight.
- Slowly lower your chest towards the ground by bending your elbows.
- Stop the downward motion just as your stomach is about to touch the ground.
- Push your body up by extending your arms again until you are in the starting position. This is one push up.
- You can use your knees if you are finding it hard to use your toes
2. Bench Press
This technique works well for toning the arms as long as you do not place more weight than you can safely carry on the barbell. You can ask someone to spot you in case anything goes wrong.
- Place both feet flat on the ground while laying on the bench
- Lift the barbell off its stand and bring it down towards your chest.
- Push it away from your chest until your arms are fully extended.
- Ask your spotter to help you drop the barbell safely if you feel your arms getting tired.
3. Biceps Curl
This workout is done with the use of dumbbells.
- Hold the dumbbell with your palm facing up, at your side.
- Slowly lift your forearm towards your shoulder, bending your elbow without moving your whole arm.
- Lower your arm to the starting position.
- You can do this workout with both arms at the same time
4. Plank to Push-Up
This workout might look easy but gradually, you will begin to feel the burn in your deltoids.
- Lay on the ground with your toes and arms supporting your weight. Make sure your palms are lying flat
- Lower your right arm and place your elbow on the ground. Do the same for your left arm.
- Lift your right arm and extend it fully, placing your palm flat on the ground. Do the same for your left arm until you are back in the starting position.
5. Overhead Extension
You can do this with one or two dumbbells.
- Lift the dumbbells above your head while holding it vertically.
- Lower them until they are directly behind your head with your elbows pointing forward. Hold the position for a few seconds and slowly straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
6. Squat with Arm Curl
This is a standard squat with a twist to it.
- Hold a dumbbell in each arm and go into a squat position. Keep your back straight, chin up, eyes forward and arms straight as you go down.
- Use your heels to push yourself back to the starting position while bending your elbows towards your shoulder.
7. Upright Curl
- Stand with your back straight and your feet placed apart.
- While holding a dumbbell in both hands, lift your elbows until they are in line with your chest.
- Slowly lower them to the starting position.
8. Triceps Dip
This exercise can be accomplished with the use of a dumbbell or a high surface like a staircase or a box placed on the ground.
- Place your palm on the surface or dumbbell with your arms fully extended. Stretch your legs out until they are straight. Ensure that your back is straight
- Bend your arms at the elbow until your butt touches the ground.
- Lift your body immediately by extending your arms.
- Do not sit down fully, just tap your butt to the ground and lift yourself back to the starting position.
Read Also: 8 Best Abs Exercises to Do At Home
9. Shoulder Tap
- Lay on the ground with your arms fully extended and shoulder-width apart.
- Tap your left palm to your right shoulder and bring it back down. Do the same with your right palm and left shoulder.
- Try to keep the rest of your body still, moving only your arms as you carry out this exercise.
10. Dumbbell Punch
- Stand with your feet apart while bending your knees slightly
- Throw your arms forward in a punch one after the other while ensuring that they are at shoulder level.
Pick at least six workout techniques and repeat each one 12 times. A set is a collection of repetitions and you should do 2-3 sets of each workout.
You can increase the weight of your dumbbells and barbells gradually as your arm muscles become more strengthened.
If you keep up with these exercises by doing them daily, you should begin to see and feel changes in your arms by the second week.
Remember that after a while, the burn will fade and you will be left with strong and toned arms, this should serve as motivation when you are thinking of giving up.
- 9 Best Exercises to Lose Calf Fat At Home in a Week
- 9 Simple Exercises That Will Help You Get Sexy and Sculpted Arms Fast At Home