One of the best ways to make your day a blissful and productive one is by engaging in a quick workout routine immediately you wake up in the morning.
By so doing, it will help boost your energy for the day, revive your metabolism, and place you an inch closer to your fitness goals.
Enough of the talks then, below are the quick morning workout routine to jump-start your day:
Quick Morning Workout Routine to Jump-Start Your Day
1. Jumping Jacks
- Firstly, stand up straight with both legs and palms placed by your side. Bend the knees a bit so as to prepare for the jump
- Now, jump into the air and spread both legs around shoulder-width apart. While doing this, be sure to also be swinging out the arms over your head
- After that, jump back into the primary position to complete 1 rep.
- Perform 25 distinctive reps. Be sure to do it gently and avoid moving too quickly to achieve better results
2. Elbow to Knee Oblique Twists
- To start with, you need to stand up tall, with your feet shoulder-width apart. After that, bring both arms into a goal post-like position.
- Straighten your head and begin to rotate the torso to the left and as you do that lift the left knee directly above the wrist toward the opposite (right) elbow
- Start rotating to your right and then lift up the right knee directly above the waist toward the opposite (left) elbow. Don’t forget to keep both arms in goal post-like position throughout the move
- Lastly, make a fluid motion to be able to swing to each side 10 times.
3. Cat-cow Pose
- Get on all 4s with your two hands congruent with the shoulders & both knees placed beneath the hips
- Breathe in; lift both the head and tailbone to make your spine arch a bit toward the ground
- Breathe out while tucking the tailbone under, curl the back upward, and be sure to hang your head toward the ground
- This is the rep one. Complete ten reps, and be sure to move smoothly between positions.
4. Forward Lunge
- Just like the previous workouts, stand tall and keep both feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on the waist for balance sake
- Take a big step forward using the right leg. Be sure to lead in with your heel & also let the right foot bear the majority of the weight
- Done with that? Begin to lower your body until the right thigh becomes parallel to the ground
- Lastly, drive into the right heel & draw your weight back to go back to the starting position
- Repeat the same move on the opposite side to complete one rep.
- Perform 10 reps.
- Lie down on the floor with both legs bent & the feet flat on the floor. Keep both hands behind the head and avoid lacing the fingers together. Again, be sure to hold both elbows out to your side rather than in the front of your face
- After that, begin to curl up & forward in order to make the shoulder blades move off the ground. Hold this position for 1 second at the top of the exercise and then begin to lower yourself down in a slow manner
- That is one rep.
- Perform 25 reps.
6. Split Squat
- To start with, you need to stand with both feet shoulder-width apart and place the arms on your hips or better still at your sides
- After that, take a step back using your left foot & sink into a lunge until you are able to slightly bend your knees.
- Push back up while your knees still remain slightly bent.
- Perform the up-and-down movement with the left leg for close to 30 seconds, alternate legs and repeat.
7. Leaning Side Plank
- Stand with the left side a little bit far from the bed
- Bend the left elbow at 90 degrees, bend toward the bed, and put your firearm directly on the edge of the mattress, extending both legs into aside plank position
- Lastly, rest the opposite (right) arm on your side. Maintain this position, with each leg stacked, for about
- 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the opposite side
8. Squat Thrusts
- Stand with both feet hip-width apart. Squat down & put your two hands on the ground directly at the front of your feet.
- After that, jump the feet backward & land in a pushup posture
- Perform one pushup, jump both feet back toward the hands and then return to the starting position to complete one rep
- Do as many reps as you possibly can in 25 – 30 seconds. Pause for a minute, and then repeat
- Complete 2 reps
OTHER EXERCISES TO TRY
Not satisfied with the workouts discussed above? Here is some other Quick Morning workout routine to jump-start your day:
Squats are one of the most popular workouts in the fitness industry, and more importantly, they can help give your day a huge boost if you can perform them early in the morning.
Part of the benefits of these workouts is that they help in building leg muscles, burning calories, and improving overall health.
Lunges are very effective in strengthening the core as well as the lower body. They also help in building thigh muscles and strengthening the hips.
Lunges and squats move share very similar procedures, except for the fact that lunges provide a wider range of motion and target the muscles better.
Push-ups work the chest, triceps, shoulders, and core to aid your muscles and enhance your overall fitness. Some of the most effective push-up exercises include classic push-up, One-Arm Push-up, etc.
The bicycle crunch is a renowned workout that helps in building up the core, upper, and lower body while also effective in promoting weight loss, building muscles, reducing stress, among other benefits.
The plank exercise is a very simple yet effective workout. It majorly targets the core, strengthens the entire body, and promotes even distribution of weight across the body.
Some other benefits of this exercise include improved metabolism, boosted body strength, increased flexibility, improved energy levels, to mention but a few.
- 9 Best Exercises to Lose Calf Fat At Home in a Week
- Morning Yoga: 15 Minute Morning Yoga to Wake You Up