The sight of a roll of pudge hanging loosely over your jeans is not exactly inspiring.
Muffin tops are the fatty flab hanging over your waistband, from the anterior belly to the side of your pants.
They may even find their way to the back of your pants. These do not make you exactly curvy, and no one looks forward to hiding them away from prying eyes.
This would help you shed overall fat and lose your muffin top fast in one week.
Cardio exercises help target the core area. Running (or brisk walking) helps twist the abdomen. Kickboxing is also good for targeting that area.
One important fact you need to be aware of is that you cannot reduce fat from exactly one area of your body.
Fat has to be burnt all over. The exercises presented here will burn calories and sculpt the muscle beneath the excess fat.
Use them along with an excellent nutrition plan and weight-loss program to lose your muffin top.
9 Exercises to Get Rid Of Muffin Top Fast At Home in a Week
1. Twisting Mountain Climbers
Abs are not just the front panel that ensures you have great abs. Start to see abs as a sheet all-round your body.
To work the muffin top area, you can do twisting exercises that work the obliques. Mountain climbers are great exercises for burning calories, which you need to do to shed the flab desecrating your midsection.
- With arms fully extended, begin in a plank position.
- Bring your right knee toward your left elbow, before straightening the right leg and returning your foot to the floor.
- Switch sides and repeat, aiming for three sets of 20 seconds.
2. Hip Dips
Hip Dips are highly effective obliques and waistline toners.
- Drop into the plank position, tightening your abs.
- Then lower into the forearm plank by bending your elbows and descending on your forearms.
- Then, roll to your left side into a forearm side plank stacking your right leg over your left leg.
- Put your right hand on your hip, dipping your hip towards the floor, and liftback.
- Perform 10 dips on this side before rolling to the other side and doing 10 dips.
3. Jab-Cross to Sprawl
This is really a group of Mixed Martial Arts-inspired exercises for the top muffin area. They target the core, back, and obliques from every angle.
It is recommended to do them for 30 seconds, followed by a 15-second rest.
These will improve your heart rate, helping you burn calories and rid your body of annoying fat.
- Assume a fight stance – one leg slightly forward and boxing guard up.
- Then, throw a long, straight punch from your lead arm (jab) while rotating through your hips and shoulders, and pivoting on your front foot’s ball.
- Follow up with a long, straight punch from the back arm (cross), maintaining the opposite arm in a guard and pivoting on the ball of the back foot.
- Return both hands to guard, bend your knees, and bring your hands to the ground, shooting both legs to a high plank (like a burpee).
- Jump both legs back in and stand up in a fight stance.
- Repeat for half a minute alternating fight stance with each rep.
- Catch your breath for 15 seconds, and begin the next move.
4. Glute Bridge
This exercise works the glutes and hamstrings, in addition to the lower back. As you lift one leg up, that automatically demands stabilization, thus activating lower back muscles.
- With flat feet and bent knees, lie on the floor facing up, arms by your sides with palms facing down.
- Lift hips all the way up while squeezing your glutes and keeping your core involved.
- You should remain straight from shoulders to knees.
- Hold for three counts at the top, then another count of three as you slowly lower your back, before quickly coming back up.
- For a tad more intensity, lift one leg up to the ceiling and do 15 reps on each side.
5. Spiderman Climbers
This carves your obliques and is a favorite of many trainers.
- From a full plank position, with your hands under your shoulders and your head, hips, and heels in a queue, jump your right foot to your right hand.
- Be sure your hips stay low and your right foot is flat on the ground.
- Jumping your right foot back to the starting position, jump your left foot out to your left handle at the same time.
- Repeat this motion, changing sides every rep, for 30 seconds.
- It is also possible to pull your right knee in to the right elbow, holding your right leg in the air, before putting your right foot back down next to your left foot and repeating on the other side.
- Rest for 15 seconds before the next move.
To get rid of the muffin top, you will have to tighten the abdomen and lower back. This will strengthen key muscles in your core.
- To do a Superman from the floor, lie on a mat face down, extending your arms outward and legs straight back.
- Tighten your core and glutes, lifting your legs and arms at the same time, to give you that Superman in flight pose.
- Hold for one count and rest back on the floor.
- Shoot for three sets of 20 seconds of Superman lifts.
7. Candlestick Dipper
- With your abs tight and back straight, take a kneeling position. Cushion the knees if necessary.
- Then, straighten your right leg to your side, ensuring your knee is straight.
- Now raise your hand straight overhead and keep your fingers clustered.
- The first 2 fingers should be joined in a Charlie’s Angels pose before you bend at your waist to your left side.
- Go as low as is comfortable for you, keeping your position parallel to the floor.
- Rise up back into the initial position. Perform 15 dips and then switch on the other side.
8. Sumo Squat with Alternating Leg Check
- Your feet should be slightly wider than shoulder-width with toes pointed out. With palms facing out, bring your hands in front of your chest.
- Keep your chest lifted, let your butt be seated down and back in a deep squat, pressing knees out in line with toes.
- Rise slowly by driving your weight through your heels, squeezing your glutes on the way up.
- Once back in standing position, lift up your right knee, crunching your obliques down as the right elbow meets the outside of the thigh.
- Your weight should be centered and your chest lifted. Repeat the squat, and leg check on the left side. Switch sides every 30 seconds.
- Rest for 15 seconds, and head for the next move. Your obliques will get a definition with this standing side-crunching move.
9. Four Uppercuts, Four Plyo Lunges
- Begin in a fight stance with knees bent slightly and boxing guard up. Do four uppercuts by bending the elbow at 90 degrees and punching vertically to an imaginary opponent’s chin.
- As you punch and return with your hands in a guard position in between strikes, rotate your torso and roll through the shoulders.
- From there, drop into a lunge position with arms in a running position.
- Keeping your chest lifted, lower your back knee toward the ground, keeping your front knee stacked above your ankle and aligned with your toes.
- Do not lean forward as you keep your shoulders stacked above your hips, and go until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Jump straight up and scissor your legs, landing with the opposite leg in front.
- Do four cull plyometric lunges before returning to uppercuts.
Now that you’re armed with effective tools to cut through those unsightly muffin tops, be diligent so you can show off your sexy side by the end of the week.
Remember you can spot-sculpt, even though you can’t spot-reduce. Discuss any concerns with your physician as soon as possible.
Until next time, blast the bulge away.
- 10 Easy Butts and Guts Workouts for Flat Abs and a Bubble Butt
- 8 Best Abs Exercises to Do At Home
- 10 Yoga Workouts to Build Six Pack Abs At Home